knoWledge is power.
kW Mission Critical Engineering (kW MCE) understands the 7x24x365 uptime business demands of our clients. In fact, we have been solely focused on providing innovative and responsive design, assessment, and operations consulting for technology-intensive facilities for over 25 years. Our powerful knoWledge in designing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fuel oil, and fire protection building systems, along with our philosophy of hiring great people, providing a great place to work, and winning great projects attributes to our incredible growth year-after-year.
Do you want to consult for some of the largest technology and financial companies in the world, on projects located across the US and abroad, and collaborate with some of the smartest M/E/P engineers around? Advance your career at a place where our employees awarded us a “Best Place to Work,” presented by the local Business Journal.
Opportunities available in our Troy, NY and Milwaukee, WI offices.
Job responsibilities for Experienced Electrical Engineer:
Be a strategic thinker, a firm collaborator, and a project leader.
- Design and specify building electrical systems including medium and low voltage distribution systems adapting generator, UPS systems, and alternative energy solutions to meet clients’ mission critical reliability and operational demands.
- Develop system concepts and specifications
- Generate drawings and reports
- Lead junior staff: supervise, train, mentor
- Coordinate external design team
- Collaborate with internal cross disciplines
- Cultivate client relationship and communications
- Perform QA/QC
- Manage all project and employee conflict to resolution
- Assist project management with scheduling, scope development, proposal development
- Network and develop new business
- Strategically contribute to overall firm goals
- Be a kW MCE culture advocate
- Be an industry thought leader and role model
Qualifications for Experienced Electrical Engineers:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years electrical systems design experience
- Technical leadership and mastery of electrical systems
- Knowledge of building codes
- P.E. preferred or in-process for licensing
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- Protective relaying design experience a plus
- Strategic thinking, suggesting, and implementing improvements
- Big picture mindset, able to see full project mission, not just your discipline
- Ability to listen to client vision, engage with design team members, lead team, and drive project beyond expectations
Necessary human skills:
Communication, collaboration, leadership, mentoring, responsiveness, commitment and integrity.
kW MCE is great people working at a great place delivering mission critical engineering excellence on great projects. Our leadership truly believes in work/life balance. kW MCE consistently compensates higher than industry average and offers generous paid time off, flextime opportunities, comfortable workstations with the latest technology, as well as office outings and family events to build a better team. If you want to work in a high-performance, fast-paced office setting on technically challenging projects across the US for the strategic planning, M/E/P design and operations of mission critical facilities contact us today!